We are excited to share with you that our wholly owned subsidiary, WuXi NextCODE, has partnered with Sidra Medical and Research Center (Sidra), a groundbreaking hospital, research and education institution, to provide and co-develop customized applications to support the genetic research needs of several health and research programs currently underway in Qatar, such as the Qatar Genome Project (QGP). QGP is a nationwide initiative that aims to generate genome sequence and molecular ’omics data on the Qatari population and link it to a national electronic medical record system that will help chart a road map for future advanced health care through personalized medicine. Data scientists from WuXi NextCODE and Sidra will collaborate on novel applications of WuXi NextCODE technology for clinical and research use at Sidra and for QGP. In addition, a whole-genome pilot of Qatari population with a sample size of 3,000 using the WuXi NextCODE system is underway.
Qatar is a small nation thinking big, committed to play a leading role in making sequence data a standard part of healthcare. We are really excited to be part of a ground-breaking national project like the Qatar Genome Project as well as other research programs that will empower us and our partners to improve the health of the people in Qatar.
- Official press release
- WuXi NextCODE and Fudan Children’s Hospital Partner to Lead Whole Genome Diagnostics for Rare Diseases in China
- WuXi NextCODE Featured in Nature as the Innovative Engine of Population-scale Precision Medicine at Genomics England and Beyond
- WuXi NextCODE Wins Genomics England Clinical Interpretation Tender in both Rare Disease and Cancer
- Big Data and Genomics Meet the Cloud: the First Unified Global Platform for Precision Medicine
- deCODE Studies Demonstrate the Power of Truly Big Genomics for Improving Medicine Worldwide